Language Arts Instructor
|English for SAT/ACT|
AP and Honors English programs
Support for ESL students
Students with IEPs
Creative Writing in English
Language Arts Instructor – USA Region
Vasu Srivathsava has a bachelor’s degree in literature and journalism from the University of Mysore and a masters in mass communication from Hyderabad Central University. Additionally, she has a masters in education from TCNJ, New Jersey. Before becoming a teacher, she took various courses in computer science including several credits at Baruch University, New York. She worked as a software professional for 15 years before switching to education.
From 2012 to 2016 she worked as the Program Coordinator for language arts at Talent Development , an academic enrichment center. Later as part of her graduation requirements for teachers training and license, she interned at local public schools in New Jersey. She also works as a substitute teacher in several local school districts, which helps her stay current with the school curriculums and activities. Currently, she tutors students one-on-one in English Language Arts both online and in person.
Her classes include:
- Tutoring for reading skills, English writing, vocab building, grammar, literature and creative writing.
- Tutoring for English for SAT/ACT
- Assistance in the form of feedback for essays for college applications
- Tutoring for AP and honors English programs
- Tutoring for ESL students (English as Second Language)
- Assistance for students with IEPs (Individualized Education Programs or special education), 504 Plans (accommodations for learning disabilities) and children in resource rooms.
- Coaching for spoken English